18U Playing Rules
Hockomock Girls Summer Softball League
Playing Rules – 18U
All play is governed by ASA Rules except as noted below. In addition certain ASA Rules are noted for emphasis.
18 & Under:
- 12 inch ball and 43 feet pitching distance
- 7 inning games
- 5 run limit rule per inning/ waived in the 7th or last inning
- Run ahead rule is 15 after 4.5 innings
- Slashing (faking bunt, then hitting away) is allowed
- Infield fly rule in effect
- No new inning to start after 7:45 p.m. for 6 p.m. games or 9:45 p.m. for 8 p.m. games
Special Playing Rules that apply to all divisions:
- All players bat – a continuous batting order will be used. If a player leaves a game for injury or any other reason (other than ejection), their spot in the order is skipped (no automatic out, except for players ejected). Players who arrive after the start of the game will be added to the end of the order. Injured players who miss a turn in the order may not reenter the game.
- Teams playing one player short, or up to two players short if 10U, will not be penalized with an automatic out.
- Minimum of eight players required to start and finish a game (forfeit if less)
- Games must start once the scheduled start time is reached and both teams have the minimum number of players
- Free substitution of players in the field
- Players must slide or avoid contact. All sliding rule decisions are at the discretion of the umpire.
- A courtesy runner may be used for the pitcher or catcher - runner shall be the last batter of the previous inning (and second to last batter of the previous inning if both pitcher and catcher are on base at the same time).
- Pitcher shall be removed from pitching after directly hitting 3 batters in an inning or 5 in the course of the game (bounced pitches will not count).
- Home team pays the umpire
- Home teams supply two new leather, raised seam, optic yellow balls (ASA-approved max 375 lbs, .47 cor)
© 2013 LeaguePro, Inc. All rights reserved.
This site created by LeaguePro Inc.